Turkey's one of those destinations people always have questions about, but that's not the least bit surprising – their application process can be pretty overwhelming if you try to take it in all at once. Some Egyptians are eligible to apply for an e-Visa; those who don't qualify for an e-Visa can apply through MZ Global – a visa application center authorized by the Turkish government to provide administrative support for the visa application process.
- Under the age of 20, over the age of 45, or have a valid Schengen visa.
- Proof of a return ticket, hotel reservation, and at least $50 per day for the duration of your visit.
- A round-trip ticket with Turkish Airlines, Pegasus Airlines, Onur Air, or EgyptAir.
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from your date of entry to Turkey.
- e-Visa application form.
FEES AND DURATIONS
Single entry: $20
Validity: six months, with a maximum stay of 30 days.
When your e-Visa expires, you can't apply for a new one until you leave Turkey.
MZ GLOBAL CONTACT INFORMATION
Villa Number 21, Muhammed El Ghazely St. from Mosadak, Dokki, Giza
88 Fouad Street, Bab Shark, Alexandria
Sunday to Thursday
10 AM to 4 PM
+20155 122 4206
TOURIST VISA CHECKLIST
- Completed application form.
- Two recent 4 x 6 cm photos with a white background.
- Passport valid for at least 6 months and a copy thereof (including copies of any recent visas).
- An HR letter from your present company mentioning your salary, as well as your most recent payslips.
- A 6-month bank statement signed by the bank and issued no more than one week prior to your application, with an amount that proves you have enough money to cover at least $50/day of your stay in the country.
- A hotel reservation, airline reservation, and medical insurance covering the duration of your stay. All of these can be provided by the VAC for a fee (see below).
- If you're married and traveling with your spouse, you'll need to provide an original marriage certificate, as well as a copy.
- If you're self-employed: approved verification document of self-employment from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as well as a tax card and your company establishment documents.
- If you're a laborer: an approved working permit document from the Egyptian Ministry of Labor.
- If you're a student: proof of enrollment in a university.
- Minors under 18 years of age traveling unaccompanied by their parents must submit a written consent letter signed by themselves and their parents or legal guardian.
FEES AND DURATIONS
- Visa application fees: $60
- VAC fees: $30
- Medical insurance: $15
- Hotel and flight reservations: $5
The Turkish visa is valid for 180 days, but you can't stay in the country for more than 90 days.
If you are permanently exempt from the army, you don’t need a travel permit but need to ensure proof of exemption on your passport.
If you’re still within the legal age of conscription – even if you’ve completed your military service and are still part of the reserve forces – you’ll need to get a travel permit from the army. However, since Turkey is one of the countries that require a security clearance from Tahrir Compound, getting a travel permit from the army could take up to 21 days.
There are other cases if you’re within the legal age of conscription where you will need a travel permit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How long does it normally take for this visa to be issued?
The e-visa is issued on the spot, while processing your visa through the VAC usually takes up to one week. It may take longer in some cases, so it would be better to apply up to a month in advance just in case.
Do I need a security clearance from the Tahrir Compound (tasree7 amny) to travel to Turkey?
Yes, Turkey requires a security clearance from Tahrir Compound. Also, if your passport doesn't include your occupation, you'll need a letter of invitation from a person in Turkey to apply for the visa.
Do I need a family registration document (qeid 3a2ely) to travel to Turkey?
No, Turkey doesn’t require a family registration document.
What do I do if I’m a freelancer?
The main issue with not providing an HR letter is the fear that you might leave the country and never come back, so you need to somehow guarantee that you have sufficient reason to come back to Egypt. There are a couple of ways you can do that:
- You have proof that you’re working as a freelancer, meaning you can provide a bank statement showing regular monthly payments. That, or you can provide the contract/agreement between your freelance employer and yourself as proof (if applicable).
- You can provide a bank statement showing a significant amount of money –– meaning you have something to come back to, or likewise provide documents showing you have assets (lands, real estates, etc.) or anything that might help prove your intention of coming back.
- In some cases, you can apply as someone unemployed (with no proof of employment in your passport). Don't get your hopes up with this option, but it's a last-ditch effort that works with some embassies and not others.
Do I need a transit visa for Turkey?
You don’t need a transit visa if you’ll be spending your layover at the airport – you may need to bring a pillow or some comfy pants, though.
What does the visa process look like for children?
Minors under 20 fulfilling the required criteria can apply for an e-visa, as stated above.
What happens if I break my visa?
If you overstay your welcome, you’ll have to pay a fee at the airport based on the number of days you’ve been there since your visa ended. You also run the risk of being banned from entering Turkey for a fixed term up to 5 years, depending on how long you overstayed your visa.
If I get rejected, when can I apply again?
If an application is rejected, you can reapply 60 days after the rejection date.
Do I need certain vaccinations before going to Turkey?
There are no mandatory vaccinations before traveling to Turkey. However, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends taking these vaccinations as a precaution if you want to be extra safe. Either way, it's best to follow general hygiene rules – washing your hands before you eat, eating fresh food, drinking bottled water, and so on.
How do I travel to Turkey with a pet?
For owners of dogs, cats, or ferrets, you'll need the following to take your pet to Turkey:
- Pet microchip
- Rabies vaccination between 30 days and 12 months prior to entry into Turkey
- Rabies titer test
- Health certificate from a veterinarian
If you have any additional information on the visa process for Turkey, let us know. We’re always updating our guides to make sure the information is as detailed and up-to-date as possible.
Already been to Turkey? We’d love to share your story!